Friday, April 27, 2007
- Andriy Shevchenko - £30m. 'Nuff said. Looks a passenger and along with Ballack caused the change in formation (to accommodate them) that has made Chelsea less effective.
- Ashley Young - This still might turn out to be a good signing but just not this season. The £9.75m fee was always for potential rather than current level of play and it's certainly looked that way as Ashley struggles to fit in.
- Stilian Petrov - I think this transfer highlights the difference in quality between the Scottish and English premier leagues, Petrov was the Steven Gerrard of the SPL, in the EPL he is better compared to Damien Francis.
- Carlos Tevez/Javier Mascherano - West Ham weren't doing too badly until this bizarre deal and though Tevez is behind the late, late fight backm it's too little too late.
- Ashley Cole - Looks a shade of the player Arsenal sold and Chelsea have missed Gallas more than they've benefited from Cole who has done nothing that Wayne Bridge couldn't have done.
- Matthew Upson - Has he played 45 minutes yet? Will he before he leaves? Doubt it.
Edit: As Aidan rightly points out in the comments. I've got the wrong Petrov! Now updated - my sincere apologies to Martin who no doubt has performed admirably this season.
Tags: premiership | football
(Oh, but - psssst - STILIAN Petrov is the Villa player. MARTIN Petrov, his international team-mate, is at Atletico Madrid. Bloody Bulgarians, all the same...! Well, except the obvious...) :)
Cashley was a great signing wasn't it, Bridge has generally been their best player when he's got a game.
Links to this post:
< Return to index